Saturday, 11 December 2010

NEWS FLASH: I've been wrong about everything!

Coronation Street is probably the world’s best known soap opera, borne out by the fact that it recently celebrated its fiftieth birthday. Its durability and appeal are apparently based on its authentic portrayal of British working class life. Terms like ‘gritty realism’, ‘true-to-life’ and ‘everyone can relate to it’ are terms most commonly applied.

In which case British working class life must never be dull. In the last few weeks alone - within a tiny community of a few dozen souls in a single small street - we’ve had teenage runaway lesbians, multiple adulteries, the local factory burned down, child abuse, domestic violence, kidnapping, murder, a huge gas explosion and a tram appearing from the skies and landing on top of everyone there. That's more excitement than I've seen in my town over the last half century.

But who am I to argue when the chattering classes assure us all of its authenticity? Which brings me back to the title of this post. You see, I was always under the impression that black people generally were not too bright, lazy, incompetent, violent, welfare-dependent and basically requiring whites to organise everything for them.

But Corrie’s proved me wrong!

Because this gritty authentic drama revealed all by the response to the combined disasters (explosion and the tram landing on everyone’s head). The lead rescuers, doctors, firemen, policemen, clergymen were all blacks, who took immediate and effective control, cool, calm, decisive, while their confused white underlings haplessly flapped about. And in case you're wondering, they didn't pilfer a thing nor commit a single rape between them.

Honestly, I felt a swelling of emotion and actually cried out to Lady Savant ‘where would we be without our blacks?’

I thought she gave me a somewhat strange look at that point, but it was, as they say, a learning experience. Now I must go back and rewrite all those earlier posts.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUCK OFF!!

God I love the Irish!!

Off topic, but a hell of a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koY6kXhQDQo

Anonymous said...

Dear Savant!

Finally you have seen the light. As for rewriting all your heretic former posts, you have my sympathy. Even Mr. T comiserates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQELbOflO4

P.S.: Are you really pulling our collective leg or are you positioning yourself as sufficiently politically correct for one of those new IMF Jobs?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I took the same impression from those episodes of Corrie. What a wonderful benefit to the country those blacks have been!

Robert said...

http://africanamericanhealthcare.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/woman-eats-her-childs-brain-mental-health-and-criminal-justice-systems-failed-her/

Dave C said...

Ain't fiction wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Flatley's from Chicago. Why did that piss the Irishman off. Speaking of take charge policemen, anybody ever see Phonebooth. The asshole cop who wants to go off at half cock is the white man while Forrest ' teutonic efficiency ' Whitaker and his brother sergeant sort it out proper.

Rob said...

The entertainment industry has long been a voluntary arm of the race propaganda machine.

Propaganda such as the Swedish government's race-mixing video is superfluous or irrelevant, at most.

pdf1 said...

Rob - yes, subliminal brainwashing like Corrie or Hollywood is much more effective.

pdf1 said...

It's amazing how many people dont realise Michael Flatley is american.

Anonymous said...

Wow, now that's what I call an cultural enricher! She kills her own baby and eats his brain. Holy shit!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous posted about the Irishman in the USA.

"God I love the Irish!!"

My God ... he got that right.

Savant, an historical question, if you please.

Back in those golden days (the early 90's) I had an Irish girlfriend, with whom I went to see the flick of the year ... The Commitments.

Even I was admittedly stunned at the language in the film. But more so when, walking back to the car, I mentioned this to my girlfriend who then uttered a string of obscenities and calmly announced that that was the way everyone in Ireland spoke -- and that she'd had a hell of a battle toning her language down after leaving Ireland.

If this is the case, why are the Irish so .... forthright?

Just asking.

Uncle Nasty

SAVANT said...

Uncle N. Your girlfriend was abolsutely right. We Irish have in my view the worst fucking language in the world. And all too many of us use it in a completely 'unecessary' way. E.g. I was fucken' walking down the fucken' stree.... you get my drift.

Mind you I'd be amazed if any girlfriend of yours wasn't driven to foul language eventually!!

J Ackerman said...

Savant,

I think this kind of role reversal has been staple to US shows for about 40 years. Nicholas Stix has some interesting posts in the context of the Law & Order show.

Also, keep an eye on this - David Lammy complaining about the lack of his people getting into Oxford.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/12/oxbridge-university-race-discrimination

SAVANT said...

J Ack - I saw that about Oxford. I did a stint there and I can tell you that they'd bend over backwards to get any half-idiot black in there. So they must be REALLY bad if the numbers are that low.

kulak said...

You see, I was always under the impression that black people generally were not too bright, lazy, incompetent, violent, welfare-dependent and basically requiring whites to organise everything for them...

Honestly, I felt a swelling of emotion and actually cried out to Lady Savant ‘where would we be without our blacks?’

I thought she gave me a somewhat strange look at that point


Most women think of it like Santa.

Santa isn't real. Everybody knows this. But don't tell the 3-year-old, and don't shout it out while I'm watching Miracle on 34th Street.

kulak said...

If this is the case, why are the Irish so .... forthright?

It's genetic.

It was either first or second grade when my uncles, being good Irish uncles and disappointed with the state of my education, took the duty upon themselves and taught me the finger. I then taught the other boys at school.

It was a huge hit.

This being a Montessori school, a compromise was in the course of time negotiated with our esteemed teachers. We boys agreed that we would only give each other the finger at lunch time.

Clogheen said...

I'm so glad that your granparents maintained that proud Irish tradition kulak.

Anonymous said...

Savant,check out an article in "national Review" (it is online) entitled "The Numinous Negro" it explains a lot of this crap.For example,Morgan Freeman invariably plays a "numinous negro" in his movies.

pdf1 said...

Excellent article in NR. This sums it up perfectly. Well worth a read.

kulak said...

Out teachers didn't think about field trips though. That, in our minds, was different.

Robert said...

http://www.the-spearhead.com/2010/12/16/young-man-shows-exceptional-restraint-despite-girls-violence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheSpearhead+%28The+Spearhead%29

http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/graph?content=antisemitic&year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=0&smoothing=3

joelgp said...

That graph on anti-semiticism seems counter-intuitive. A lot depends on how the stats are defined. E.g. do Israeli/Palestinian incidents count as anti-semitic? Certainly in Europe these attacked show an upward and consistent trend.

Robert said...

Graph reports usage of the word over time. From it you can tell when a word was invented.

Robert said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTLYLNc8XE

REQUIEM POUR LA FRANCE

Anonymous said...

It's all in French Rob, but I think we all know the message. Same could be written for a dozen other European countries.