Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Heathrow: Lunatics firmly in control of the asylum

The mindless futility of bureaucracy as well as the fact that political correctness actually endangers lives, were brought home to me forcefully as I transited through Heathrow today. A few places ahead of me in the security queue was a cultural enricher in full burka rigout. All you could see was two beady eyes glaring through the slit.

I watched with keen interest as she approached the, Lol 'security' checkpoint. By the way, was it a she? Anything could fit under that tent and s/he was about six feet tall. And remember one of the London bombing terrorists escaped to Italy by wearing a burka. God, how he must have laughed at our stupidity.

Anyway, ahead of her was this vision – beautiful tall blonde girl. She had to remove her jacked, boots and belt before going through the machine. Burka-man removed nothing. Now that contrasting approach to security in itself indicates lunacy. But it gets better.

Burka-man, unsurprisingly, set off the alarm. She was stopped to be manually searched (by a woman of course). I was at the other line so couldn’t quite hear what was going on, but s/he and her ‘husband’ objected strenuously. The shemozzle went on for a while, holding all the others up.

I stood around to watch. After a while a compromise was reached. S/he was subjected to a perfunctory ‘search’ – really no more than a gentle wave in the vicinity of the burka. That was it.

But it gets better still. We then went to passport control. Up goes burka-man, enclosed in a tent, beady eyes the only visible sign of what lay beneath. The woman takes the passport… and waves burka-man through.

Would you not think, seeing as a terrorist had escaped the country after placing the July bombs in London, that this nonsense would have ceased? Not in this PC-crazed, dhimmi Western excuse for a society.

But, as I mentioned at the beginning, it also underlined the sheer futility of bureaucracy and the mindset of its practitioners. Consider that a fashionably-dressed white girl, self-evidently no security risk whatsoever, was forced to undergo the full panoply of checks, yet a poster child for terrorism was allowed to float through virtually unchecked. But the bureaucrats did what bureaucrats do.

Truly, the lunatics run the asylum.

In any event, as I posted here, this whole airport security industry is a complete and total waste of time and money.

Addendum: If you got a strong constitution check out this link sent in by one of the comments to this post!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

A similar thing happened to me last year-I flew out of Heathrow and was going thru the "security"Behind me was a Muslim-not the full burqa but the long robe/dress and head covering.I am a white blonde middle aged woman.Guess whose bag was pulled off the belt for an open search,items pulled out,cosmetic bag opened,contents inspected and moved around.It was not the muslim behind me-she and her bag were waved on thru as I was putting things back in mine.

Anonymous said...

Makes me think twice about flying out of Heathrow...

Anonymous said...

Of course your bag was selected. Otherwise that be racis' - or offensive.

dhimmi_basher said...

You're right - we really are in a madhouse

W Baker said...

This sort of thing goes beyond airports. I've seen it in the States in large warehouse-type stores, football (American) venues, and even some larger nightclubs. My friends and I are clean-cut, well-dressed, slightly balding, late-30, early 40, pretty athletic looking white fellows. Sometimes my sons are questioned as well.

I or they are routinely asked for receipts and 'wanded' by security guards at entrance to athletic events or a music concert. (Sometimes my equally clean-cut sons are questioned as well.) In fact, we end up clogging up the line for the multi-racial, low-brow, seething crowd behind us.

I routinely ask if we fit the mold of their shoplifter or troublemaker, or - in the larger venues - their terrorist suspect. I always get the answer from the white attendant, 'well, you never know, do you?'

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, there is a fatal malfunction in the very gene code of the West. It has lost its ability to spot patterns and trends.

Viking said...

Savant, exactly the same thing happened while I was at Heathrow just over a month ago.
Three women in full tent-cover were checked in without being asked to reveal there faces. Why even bother to ask for their passports?

Erik the Red said...

Did the blonde girl object to the search at all? Perhaps if white people started making a fuss about such clear double standards the "security" doofuses may think twice. On the other hand, they might just tazer us for being "uncooperative" while burka-men are waved through with no scrutiny.

kulak said...

Which one would you rather frisk? Be honest now.

Anonymous said...

And you let it go? No complaint. I complained once about a similar incident and they took 'it' off into a private room. 'It' shouted, and I fuckin shouted back, caused a bit of a storm, security came but stood my ground. Then I made a formal written complaint about my treatment and their breach of security, still waiting to hear back. Speak up dhimmi...

SAVANT said...

No, the girl said nothing. Probably wise - she's have been accused of racism and maybe charged.

I agree though, the solution is for whites to kick up shit when this kind of thing happens.

And yes, why have passport controls at all? Why have security controls at all if your particular brand of superstition allows you to circumvent them at will.

henryIX said...

I'd have preferred the burka wo/man. I'd have poked and grabbed and rubbed everything under the tent while the husband looked on!

Anonymous said...

The whole thing is a total farce. I wrote to BAA about it but never got a reply. I suppose I'm lucky not to have been charged.

Anonymous said...

Muslim women turn me on!
http://www.jimgoad.net/musgirls.html

Capt. Johnson said...

Political correctness can kill. We saw that at Ft. Hood,

Munin said...

Anger is used to manipulate.

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/003434.html

gates3 said...

Why don't they just give up this farce? It seems that anyone wearing a burka can float thru. If so, what's the point in the whole thing?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I was in an American airport a few years ago and witnessed what appeared to be an elderly white man and his grandson being pulled aside and searched. As I looked around I counted 8 people that were wearing typical Muslim garb - scarves and other head coverings. Not one was searched.