Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Welcome, race realist

In this post a few days back I took an American writer named John Ridley to task. “Could someone remind him that, had his forebears not been taken to America as guest workers he would now, instead of being well paid by whites to write anti-white bullshit, be scampering around the jungle or begging food from some Western aid agency.”

Crazy racist Nazi talk, right?

Well no, in fact, and in my support I present black American author and Washington Post journalist Keith Richburg. Now, unlike those who romanticize Africa and Africans, Keith had the, er, advantage of having spent many years reporting from the Dark Continent. The experience left him contemptuous of those romantics.

Here are some excerpts from his book Out Of America (clever title, huh?)

"I'm tired of lying and I'm tired of all the ignorance and hypocrisy and the double standards I hear and read about Africa, much of it from people who've never been there, let alone spent three years walking around amid the corpses.

"Talk to me about Africa and my black roots and my kinship with my African brothers and I'll throw it back in your face, and then I'll rub your nose in the images of the rotting flesh.'

Echoing my point exactly, he adds "had my ancestor not made it out of here I might have ended up in that crowd...maybe I would have been one of those bodies, washing over the waterfall in Tanzania or maybe my son would have been set ablaze by soldiers. Thank God my ancestor got out, because, now, I am not one of them [Africans]. In short, thank God I am an American."

Thank you Mr. Richburg. Like the rest of us (I exclude those from the aid industry whose handsome living depends on denial) who have got to know Africa at first hand, the experience has made you a race realist. Welcome to the real world.

Now could anyone get this message to Ridley?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savant,
Paul Theroux's 'Dark Star safari' is another eye opening account of contemporary Africa.

Richard

Anonymous said...

Thanks for "raising awareness" (f*ck, I hate that term!) regarding this author, Savant: I have already ordered my copy of his book from Amazon!

Johan Potgieter

SAVANT said...

Thanks Richard and Johan. I've already got Dark Star and the interesting thing is that Theroux went into the journey a liberal. That didnt survive long. Same as myself, actually.

Viking said...

great post.
I also went to Africa a liberal. Guess what happened? lol
Paul Theroux's account is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I went there on voluntary work and came back hoping they'd all end up eating one another!!!

Anonymous said...

Q: What's the difference between a tourist and a racist in Cape Town?

A: About 20 minutes.


J. Potgieter

Anonymous said...

An American guy made a documentary in response to Obama's conversation about race request.
http://www.aconversationaboutrace.com/

ZZ said...

Q: What's the difference between a tourist and a racist in Cape Town?

A: About 20 minutes.

Thats Cape Town for you - sleep city we call it... :-) in Joh'burg its more like two minutes!

Anonymous said...

ZZ says Q: What's the difference between a tourist and a racist in Cape Town?

A: About 20 minutes.

Thats Cape Town for you - sleep city we call it... :-) in Joh'burg its more like two minutes!

yes. and the rest of Africa it's 2 seconds!

Amy said...

Hi Savant,

Classic piece here by Professor Richard Lynn published the other day on vdare entitled 'Race Differences, Immigration, And The Twilight of the European Peoples':

"There appear to be three reasons why racial IQs are related to crime rates.

First, those with low IQs are less able to understand the adverse cost of being caught and punished.

Second, boys with low IQs do badly at school and typically live with others who also do badly at school. As a result the whole subculture becomes alienated from school and society and sees little prospect of earning a good living by gainful employment. Crime seems to offer an attractive alternative. Alienation from school leads to disruptive behaviour that eventually leads to expulsion or exclusion.

Thus the race differences in school exclusions published by the Department for Education and Skills are similar to those in IQ, educational attainment and crime. Figures for recent years are shown in Table 3. We see here that Chinese are only excluded at one-fifth the rate of whites. The South Asian exclusion rate is about the same, while the Black rate is 4.4 times greater.

A third reason for the high rates of crime and school exclusions of Blacks seems to be that, in addition to their low IQ, Blacks have short time horizons such that they do not look ahead at the likely future consequences of their actions.

http://www.vdare.com/lynn/090520_race_differences.htm