Monday, 7 May 2007

Blank verse bollocksology

When I was a boy, myself and my girl used to bicycle up to the Phoenix Park. Outside the gates we used to lie in the grass making love outside Aras an Uachtarain.”

What do you think of that? Well if like me you probably see it as a piece of rather uninspiring prose watch the magic the carriage return key can conjure up.

“When I was a boy, myself
and my girl used to bicycle up to the
Phoenix Park
Outside the gates we
used to lie in the grass
making love outside
Aras an Uachtarain
.”


Yes, this is the "poetry" of
Paul Durcan – probably Ireland’s
Leading poet. Amazing how a
Few hard carriage returns transform
Some uninteresting prose into a
Poetic masterpiece


See how I did that? I'm a poet and I didn't know it!

4 comments:

j. milton said...

Yes - complete bollocks. Imagine anyone buying this crap!!

Aoife said...

Savant my pretty ass - Philistine, more like it

SAVANT said...

And you Aoife are a pretentious, posturing pseud. Presumably you're in 1st year Arts, convincing yourself that you're cultured?

W. Shakespeare said...

I'm with Savant - and me old mate John Milton - on this.